Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Miscelaneus Painting

To make the vehicle look more professional, we ended up painting a few things. The battery racks were the first to be painted. I did two base layers of flat black paint and three layers of black undercoating to damped any vibrations and hinder wear and tear.

I will also paint the underside of the wheel wells with the black undercoating. One of the last jobs will be painting the roof of the vehicle with the flat black paint.

Our outside window molding on the passenger side had deteriorate down to the metal. In order to make everything look nice, I cleaned and painted both the driver's side and passenger's side molding with flat black paint and then with the black undercoating. I love undercoating.
I also decided to clean the manual windows and discovered a clicking noise from the driver's side window as it rolled up and down. Upon removal and further examination, I discovered the crank spring to be broken. We ordered a used manual driver's side window regulator from B and R Auto Wrecking and reinstalled the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment